Monday, February 3, 2020

WEEK 1: The Start of my Research

Week one has definitely been a major rollercoaster.

Most of my classes got right into the nitty-gritty, almost making me play catch up! However, it was nothing too hard, considering I've gotten the rhythm of it all. Let's say the use of a planner has definitely helped me stay organized with everything happening for me this semester.

Aside from getting situated with my schedule, I began my research project on Wednesday the 29th of  January, which was quite exciting for me. I started with the first step: inoculating a Lawn Culture plate and a Streak Isolation plate for the first bacteria, Escherichia coli, in my research. All I could do in the meantime was wait as they incubated overnight. 
I was able to get a gram stain the next day, which has given me enough information to plan the upcoming tests to further learn about this bacteria. 

Below are a few of my notes and necessary plates collected in the early stages of the cultures.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Week 5: New snail has gone...Dormant?

So it has been a week since "Zoom" (snail 2) was added. Yes, that's the new name, it felt appropriate since this little dude z...